Hey, I’m Ashlea, nice to meet you.
I’m so glad you’ve found your way to my blog, I hope you stay a while.
In my twenty years of existence, I have a record of giving my friends handwritten letters explaining the reasons why I think they are incredible humans. I’ve put them in birthday cards, posted one to a best friend who lives a hundred miles away and handed one out at prom that I had promised months in advance. But despite the one hiccup that caused way too much drama, I have continued to write letters and I hope I never stop.
I actually started my blog as a creative outlet for my 9-5 working self. After years of studying media, photography and drama, I wasn’t exactly used to working full time in an office. I needed a project; something to keep me busy, satisfied and a place to document this young and interesting mind of mine that I understand will be forever changing. So I guess that is where the story of Always, Ashlea begins.
I don’t know where I’m going on this unpredictable road of life, but I hope you come with me. We’ll talk soon!
Oh, a P.S. Now that we are officially friends, I feel like you should know a few things about me first. (And isn’t that what an About page is actually all about?)
- I am a perfectionist, an over-thinker, a daydreamer, an aesthete and an optimist.
- My favourite season is Autumn. (Nothing beats cosy scarves, hot tea, books & fireplaces)
- Cats are my spirit animal.
- I taught myself how to play guitar at age 15 and have written songs.
- I am a believer of fate & destiny.
- If I could be anywhere right now, it would be New York City.
- Rosé, any day!
- Writing is my therapy.
- Obsessed with photography and polaroid pictures.
- Lights in the dark is the most beautiful thing (like fairy lights or city lights)
- Daises & roses make me happy.
- My star sign is cancer.
- I have every Taylor Swift lyric engrained in my mind & Fearless is my favourite album.
- Lipstick is my go-to beauty product.
- ‘She is sugar, curiosity, and rain’
- My most played song on iTunes is ‘Hey You – Boys Like Girls’.
- Deep conversations at night is always a thing that happens with me.
- If there is one movie I can (and actually do) quote from start to finish it is Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone.
- I painted my bedroom with my best friend & have a huge interest in interior design.
- Cool fact: I’m a twin.